Search This Blog

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Asteroids will pter us apart, again

E was asking me today if I'd rather have one trillion dactyls, or one teradactyl. D, naturally, corrected him: they're *terra*dactyls, so named because they dragged huge clumps of earth with them as they flew.

I had to step in and explain that they'd never understand how to breed monsters at that rate. Worrydactyls came first, and it was only as their prey became more resilient and daring that they upgraded into the terrordactyls we all recall today.


(My friend Heath in FB comments: "One trillion dactyls would be enough poetry to last the rest of my life". My reply:

"Whether the dactyls' assemblage would thus be
superior, then, would depend on their quality.
Sadly, their pattern of stresses is no guarantee
that their content will please the discerning.")


No comments:

Post a Comment