Search This Blog

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Lizard King, wizard bling

You know that I would be untrue --
You know that I would be a liar --
If I said I'm the kangaroo
Who played Bunk Moreland on "the Wire".
Please turn on the stove-top fire.
My hot dog's name is Oscar Meyer.
Sometimes my rhyming's uninspired.

*****
People are strange when you're a stranger.
Faces look ugly when you're alone.
You can't sell at the co-ops of local grangers.
Women won't drive you to AutoZone.
When you're strange, faces sing "Home on the Range"!
When you're strange, vets diagnose you with mange!

*****
Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?
Aglow, above you, I'm drawn to your flame.
Some shmo, he shoves you, and I'm taking aim
and throwing dove-poo right smack in his mane.

No comments:

Post a Comment